Chatting with Kim Parlee on BNN Money Talk about smartphones, and brands like Apple, Samsung, BlackBerry, Huawei, and Xiaomi.
The video can be viewed here.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
The announcement that Microsoft will pay US$7.2 Billion to purchase Nokia's handset business has sparked lots of discussion. For some additional perspective, and what it means here in Canada, check out this post by Yahoo! Canada Finance.
Posted by Krista Napier at 11:34 AM
Saturday, March 16, 2013
On the evening of March 14th, Samsung announced the Galaxy S4 in New York City. Many of the new features were showcased, like:
- Smart Pause, which will pause video you are watching if you get distracted and look away.
- Dual Camera, allows you to insert yourself in the picture/video you are taking.
- S Translator, supports 9 languages in text and voice.
- Knox, the enterprise security feature that allows you to separate personal from business content/apps.
- Air View/Gesture, that allows you to interact with the phone without touching the screen, and instead, waving your hand in front of it or hovering your finger over it.
Posted by Krista Napier at 11:51 AM
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Thursday, January 31, 2013
"It's a New Day in the History of BlackBerry," said Thorsten Heins on Jan 30th at the launch of BlackBerry10. Not only did the company change its name (from RIM to BlackBerry), it also announced two new phones on its new platform BB10 (Z10 and Q10). I chatted with Sun News about the launch and the impact it could have. Check out the video here.
Posted by Krista Napier at 5:34 AM